Help keep your battery in good condition with a free battery test at The Autobarn Nissan of Evanston. We’ll not only test your battery’s strength but also inspect it for any signs of corrosion to ensure it will always be there for you when you need it most.
And if your battery is in need of a change, we offer a competitively priced battery perfect for your Nissan. Buy with confidence knowing our batteries are backed by an extensive warranty and are installed by certified technicians. Our New Autobarn Service Center is located at 2201 Autobarn Place, Evanston, IL 60202. We’re here for you and your Nissan. We also have a variety of Nissan service specials and Nissan parts, so you can save on the quality services you deserve.
Battery Test and Inspection
During a battery test and inspection, our certified service experts will thoroughly inspect your whole battery, connection points, and terminals. We’ll be on the lookout for potential leaking and signs of corrosion. Doing so will help ensure that your battery will be reliable and safe for the moments you need them most. During our inspection, we’ll also check that your battery is mounted properly, has a stable connection, and is charged enough
Importance of Inspections and Replacements
Car batteries lose charge over time and need to be replaced every three to five years depending on your usage rate and battery demands. Intense temperature fluctuations also can make batteries more susceptible to weaken and drain. That’s where routine battery inspections come in, we’ll help ensure the health and stability of your battery’s power by checking it twice a year during your oil change!
As for replacements, we offer battery replacements that are designed for your Nissan’s needs and are backed by a warranty. It’s recommended that you replace your battery at least every three years to reduce the risk of corrosive damage to your Nissan and always have a ready and reliable charge.
Signs of Battery Wear
Make sure your battery is always safe and ready to use by knowing the common warning signs that your battery is dying or going bad. Keep your Nissan’s battery functioning properly by looking out for some common red flags. Common indicators that your battery needs to be serviced or replaced include:
- Difficulty starting
- Issues with electrical components
- Rotten egg smell
- Bloating battery case
- Check engine light on
How To Jump Start Your Nissan
- Make sure both vehicles’ engines are off and the cars are parked
- Attach red positive clips to the positive terminal (+) on each car’s battery
- Attach the black negative clip to the negative post (-) on your battery
- Take the remaining black negative clamp and attach it to a metal surface on your car
- Try starting your vehicle a few times
- If it starts, make sure to drive around for at least 15 minutes
- If you don’t have any luck starting, contact us for help getting a new battery
Why Service at The Autobarn Nissan of Evanston?
The service center at The Autobarn Nissan of Evanston is proud to be a local certified Nissan dealership. From oil changes to larger maintenance and repairs, all Nissan Service Center work is completed by Nissan factory-trained technicians in our beautiful and comfortable stand-alone facility.
Every maintenance or repair visit starts with a complimentary multi-point inspection. From bumper to bumper, our Nissan technicians will inspect your vehicle. You will then receive a thorough report that details your vehicle’s current condition, as well as recommend any maintenance that the vehicle needs to ensure it is running smoothly and safely. Other benefits include:
- Nissan Specific Diagnostics: Our expert technicians use Nissan-specific diagnostic tools and technology to diagnose any potential concerns.
- Nissan OEM Parts: You can be confident that all parts needed for maintenance and repairs are Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) parts. OEM parts are designed to fit specifically to the year, model, and trim of your Nissan.
- Excellent Customer Service: As a local Evanston Nissan dealership we care about you. From our sales team to our service department, we want to provide excellent customer service for the lifetime of your vehicle ownership.